CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

July-August 2008; Summer fun!

Wow! I have been busy! I did have my nephew come and visit for a week. He and Tyler had a nice time and got along with each other most of the time. I took them to Holbrook to see the dinosaurs and the trains and we did a bunch of other stuff as well. When Michael went home, I went to my 20 year high school reunion. It was nice and I was happy to get to see people I hadn't seen for such a long time. I did end up in the hospital there with pancreatitis, but that is another story. After that I went to the Mayo Clinic for an appointment about that very thing. I have surgery scheduled for October 10th...the day before my birthday. Maybe that will turn out to be a great present if it will stop these attacks. I was in the hospital here after that, but my enzyme levels were not high. I still felt horrible, though. A fun thing I did was take my six kids to Big Surf. That was both fun and horrible at the same time. Mostly, it was fun, but the horrible part was that I had to cram myself into a swimsuit in public. That was not a pretty sight. The good thing about that is that you can always find someone who looks worse than you. I saw a lady wearing a bikini with the whole, "I've had a bunch of kids" look going on. I know that look, because I see it every day. However, I do have the presence of mind to not display such a gross sight to the whole world. Ewwww!!! Need I say more? So...yes, I did try to hang around in close proximity to her. Somehow, only Tyler and I got really sunburned. We all used sunblock, too. Tyler's was pretty bad, but I actually had blisters from mine. Nothing like cultivating the ol' skin cancer. I actually felt sick from my sunburn for a couple of days. I took a few pictures and sometime I will have to figure out how to get them on here. They loved all of the water slides, but I think the wave pool was everyone's favorite part. The waves are big enough that you can actually surf on them or just ride them in to the shore. Zachary (my five year old) was a natural at that. He caught every single wave and rode them all the way to the shore. We had a great time.

1 comments:

Kandice and Rob said...

Ha ha - that's cool that you hung around the ugly chick. :) Maybe I need to just give up and let it all hang out without any worries! Then all the other self-conscious women will hang around with me to make them feel better about themselves.