CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 15, 2008

Jared's 10th birthday-December 2, 2008

Since I am writing this almost two weeks AFTER Jared's birthday, I thought I should specify the actual date of his birthday.

For Jared's birthday, he had a party of sorts in my classroom. He had four friends come to my classroom right after school. They had red velvet cupcakes, watched Clone Wars, opened presents, and ate $5 pizzas. He had a great time with his friends.

I do not make Jared a birthday cake because he has this very extreme dislike for icing. This caused problems when he did not want icing on his cake and everybody else did. Thus the cupcake solution. The kids get to frost their own cupcakes.

After the party, I gave the four boys rides home. I was a little surprised to discover that third graders do not always know how to get to their home from the school. We did a lot of driving around trying to find one house. I had an address, but it was not an address I was familiar with. When I asked what (landmark) his house was near, he had no clue. It was very interesting. After lots of driving around, we finally got all of the kids home.

When we arrived home, Jared got to talk to both of his grandparents on the phone. It was nice for him to get to visit with them. All in all, Jared had a great day.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a special b-day for Jared :) you are such a great mom :)