CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 23, 2008

My evil nemesis

So, I do have an evil nemesis called pancreatitis. It has been the bane of my existence for the last four years or so now. The first time I was hospitalized with an acute attack (which wasn't very cute at all), I spent about three weeks in the ICU. Now I seem to be more of a chronic pancreatitis-type of person. Here is my little link with information about this stupid and annoying problem:

http://www.medicinenet.com/pancreatitis/article.htm

It is interesting that most cases are caused by alcoholism (I NEVER drink) and the gall bladder acting like a big jerk-organ (I don't have a gall bladder). The bad thing about the pancreas is that it is one of those non-disposable (necessary for life) organs. Otherwise, I would have had somebody hack it out and pitch it in the trash with my uterus and gall bladder a long time ago.

I guess pancreatitis is not a cool thing to have, what with all of the stuff about complications and all. Mostly it bothers me when it is hurting too darn much. I think that if I die from natural causes someday, that it might have something to do with this junk. I don't really care, though. That's one thing about life...none of us are getting out of it alive. Ha-ha. The trick is to see who can stay in it the longest and have the best time. :)

0 comments: