CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 23, 2008

Yay, insomnia!!!! (Thanks, menopause.)

With a title like that, you might think I am slightly nuts. You will notice, however, that during this little time of sleeplessness I have updated my blog some. So...yay insomnia!!!! This is probably when I will write the most. Since the whole hysterectomy thing, this insomnia business has happened more frequently. I think it is because I am getting "old". Yes, I am aware that 37 is not really old, but my body has decided otherwise since there is no uterus or ovaries and I am now one of those menopausal-type (or is it post-menopausal type?) of people. My body is doing all of those "I don't have a uterus anymore" kinds of things. It is actually kind of an adventure. You never know what surprises await you. There's the whole waking up with your pajamas stuck to your sweat-drenched body and then the bipolar body temperature changes. Then there are the unanswered questions of, "How in the world can I still be getting pimples, when the rest of my skin resembles cracked mud?" -or in my case, extremely white, cracked mud. I can't help but notice that it is 4:00 a.m. now and I am not asleep yet. I guess I better go back to bed and see if sleep comes before the light does. So, until the next time, I'm signing off.

3 comments:

Haralee said...

Find wicking sleepwear for help sleeping. Insomnia, there are drugs!

Michelle Ashton said...

Krystal! I saw your comment on Mela's blog. I haven't seen you in forever! Looks like we're neighbors... I live in St. Johns. :)

Mela said...

Hey!! How are you!? Or should I ask after your last post. I hope you are doing well! I am so excited to hear from you. Please keep in touch! Can't wait to read some more of your blog!